Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingleboy

Technical User
Oct 30, 2004
US
So I am runnign a Windows 2000 and 2003 Server network. Primary DC is 2003, and secondary DNS is 2000. We have been having someweird network problems. In active directory users and computers, every single user's account suddenly locked out- then 10 min's later after I unlocked them all, they locked again. Then I noticed that user's network mapped drives were disconnecting. The client IP addresses are all set to DHCP FYI. Even people in Outlook were prompted o enter a password, domain, and username while they were logged in and using Outlook. Did we get hacked or is something crapped out? All of the services running on the Servers looked fine, and event viewers showed nothing out of the ordinary. One thing I noticed was the secondary WINS server could not find the primary (which is one of our DC's) I started it back up and all seemed fine- but then the problems continued. Utter chaos. What could be some possibilities here?? Please help me out guys!!

GCS is on the primary DC- I came here about a month ago, and this net work is in chaos. Where to begin..

On my Win2K Server I found a MRxSMB error "The redirector was unable to initialize security content or query content attributes". How should I go about resolving this? Any push in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Naw I remember reading that this error is minor. I get it on a few of my servers. Just to be sure, get the event id number, then go to and enter the number... You should get more info about this error. I remember something about a added feature of w2k3 that is not available in w2k which causes this error. You may download a hotfix to repair this or wait for a service pack. I rather wait.

Ok here is what I think happened. The other morning I had to rebbot a DC which was a WINS replication partner (Secondary WINS server). When it came back up, WINS failed to start for some reason and was not replicating with the Primary WINS server. After this, I received the MRxSub errors, and user's were reporting problems of their Network Drives disconnecting, Outlook prompting them for passwords, and getting locked out. Do you think this was/is the problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back