Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network+ vs A+ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukIT

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2010
US
what is added to the Network+ exam that the A+ did not cover? i figured the OSI model...which I am having a rough time memorizing, is there any other areas I should concentrate on?

A+

Yes the OSI model is covered. Here use this acronym for the OSI, all people seem to need data processing. It will cover all different kinds of networking protocols. Including those found on a Novell network and an Apple network. They don't get into much detail just know what protocol belongs what type of network. For example IPX is a Novell Netware protocol. My test if I remember had some basic routing, subnetting and security questions. Hope that helps

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

yes thanks you very much

A+

OSI model, different types of networking technologies other than just 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet, different types of cabling, connectors, effective ranges, wireless standards, etc. It also covers a little bit beyond TCP/IP on the protocol side.

If you go to you can register to download a PDF for each of their exams that lists the knowledge domains that you are expected to know. Since the exams are updated every few years, some of the material that I had to learn may be retired and new material added.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

I just passed the test today and I got mainly connectors, routing, and troubleshooting. The test wasn't hard for me I got a 834 and did it in 47 mins

MCSA
MCITP:Enterprise Support
MCTS: Vista Config
MCDST
MCP

Yeah it wasn't bad when I did it. I don't think I even bought a book. I just downloaded the objectives and studied what I thought I might need a little practice on and took it.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

@NetworkTek.

Is there a specific place you downloaded the objectives from...was it at microsoft.com

Is there a specific place you downloaded the objectives from...was it at microsoft.com

Why would Microsoft have exam objectives for a CompTIA exam?

If you go to you can register to download a PDF for each of their exams that lists the knowledge domains that you are expected to know.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back