Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Troubles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick629

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
Hey all
I have a problem with a OS5.05m server running one of my appplications. I have all the latest patches and I am running on a NEC Express 5800 120le server. I am collecting data from 8 sites total across a WAN and the server is locking up at times from what I can tell and streams memory problems. I get the following error:
NOTICE: NSTRPAGES exceeded
WARNING: allocb failed - NSTRPAGES exceeded

So I ran a netstat -m and I show failures in:
class 7, 4096 bytes 12 failures
class 8, 8192 bytes 11 failures
class 10, 32768 bytes 1 failure
My total configured streams memory is: 2000.00KB
but maximum streams memory used is: 2210.59KB at the time of failure.

Now obviously this is a problem. My question is this. In 3.2.4.2 streams memory was a lot less friendly and therefore you had to adjust it. But in OS5.05 streams memory is suppose to be alot more auto sensing. So for those failures how do I allocate more memory. Do I just up the NSTRPAGES value and let it tune for the rest?
What value will effect the Class7,8 and 9 values?

Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.

This is getting really frustrating!!

Increase the NSTREAM value

Hope This Help
PH.

So the NSTREAM value will cause the rest of the values to increase the amount of memory allocated?

The NSTREAM value will impact the Class* values.
You have to increase the NSTRPAGES value too.

Hope This Help
PH.

Thanks so much for your help. Hopefully when I get onsite tommorrow I can get this thing solved.

Thanks again PH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back