Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network traffic is saturated going outbound....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2003
US
Network traffic is saturated going outbound....
I am trying to find the source or sources of why my network traffic is saturated going outbound.

I set up a syslog server and have my pix sending it type 6 info alerts. I found some obvious problems and patched the pc's but that did not solve my problem.

I have also been running a sniffer (sniffer4.5 & ethereal) but Ido not see anything obivous there either.

What should I be looking for specifically? Any one have any filters set up for ethereal that they would like to share?

We had a similar problem. It was a virus which flooded pings. We had to "disable" pings to the gateway's interface and clean up the "infected" PCs.

nachia or welchia on even one workstation will do this. Forum member douge99 is absolutely correct that a virus scan with brand new definition files is needed. In the altenrative, access the internet and run both the Trend Micro and Panda online antivirus scans from this FAQ: faq760-3862

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back