Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network + Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoLucky

Technical User
Jan 11, 2005
US
I was wondering what the hardest section on the Network + test is.

I know that everyone doesn't have the same skill set, but sometimes parts of the test tend to be more problematic then other sections.

I know on the A+ test my hardest part was the IRQ-Com Port-Address section, probably because I never use that information.

Thank you to everyone who replies.

NotSoLucky,

In my dim recollection of the Network+ exam, the areas that were the most difficult for me dealt with topics that I had little practical experience with.

Subjects such as token ring networks, 10base2, and the like were difficult, since I'd always worked with Ethernet.

If you have a solid grasp of most of the material, and can fill in your knowledge with information from the book(s), you should do fine.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE: Security 2003

Some folks have trouble getting their heads around the ISO model and what sits where. Subnet addressing can mess with your head some too.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CSS,CFOS/T,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Something I remember from the Network+ exam that gave me a hell of a time was NetWare. Subnetting can also be a pain. I also remember coming across some SCSI questions in the Network+ Exam.

A+, i-Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back