Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network shared PC's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavoo

Programmer
Sep 15, 2001
HK
Hi,
I use WIN 98Se O/S.
When I shut down my computer I see a message "There are 1 user(s) connected to your computer. Shutting down your computer will disconnect them. Do you want to continue?"

FYI we use WIN2K as our server & have 20 + workstations and also some printers are shared.

I want to know how to disable this message or it's that someone is watching my pc...Advice...

Thanks.
Wavoo Ib.

Are you sharing any folders or printers? If so - someone is mapped or using your printer at that time. It's a normal warning message that basically means there is some other computer/device connected to your machine.

Find out what that connection is if you dont know offhand..it could be someone or something that shouldn't have access to it. People do get sneaky, and like to look around on what you have on your PC ;) Could be your boss even...muuuaaahahahhaahah!
j/k

Let us know if this is a legit connection or not. If nobody should be connecting to anything on your PC - you can uninstall file & printer sharing in your network properties, and kick 'em all out for good...message will be gone.

Hope that helps..
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back