Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Share - How to get prompted with user name and password again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjevans

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2011
I have a network share that I got to often. It used to prompt me in windows 7 for a user name and password. It no longer prompts me and kicks a message Windows cannot access \\TOWER\Share you do not have permission. Some how bad information was entered and saved in Windows 7 somewhere?

How can I get windows 7 to prompt me again so I can enter a new user name and password? Or How can I get rid of the bad auto logon information that is being stored somewhere in Win7?

This share is on my NAS so I am the admin. The machine has full access rights configured on my NAS. Nothing has changed on my NAS.

Thank you,

Jim

Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage Your Credentials

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I have removed and re-added everything in the Credential Manager. Still the same issue. There seems to be more then just Credentials.

If you stop the sharing and then recreate the Share, does that help? As well as any Share Permissions have you looked at the actual NTFS access permissions for the drive, folder, or files concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back