Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBlack

Technical User
Apr 17, 2007
US
My wife's computer crashed last month & I was finally able to build her a new PC from parts I had here. Unfortunately, she refuses to upgrade from Windows 98SE. She's connected to my PC (XP Pro) thru a wireless router. She has no problem with connecting to the Internet but is unable to share files or use the printer connected to my PC. I've tried everything I can think of to add her PC to our LAN to no avail. When I click on Entire Network, I get the following message: Unable to browse the network. The network is not accessible. For more information, look in the Help Index at the topic: "Network Troubleshooting". It's probably something real minor that I'm not doing but I'm so frustrated, I'm not thinking right.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Remember, if you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

Bob B-)

You'll get better answers in a windows forum...

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Check and make sure Client for Microsoft is installed in the properties of the adapter.

Do you get 0.0.0.0 or an APIPA (169.254.x.x) at winipcfg?

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back