Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Setup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamaman

Programmer
Jan 9, 2002
US
Network Info:

Cable modem -> Wireless router
Windows XP Home PC (jedi) plugged into wireless router w/ RJ-45 cable
Windows XP Home Laptop (padawan) connects wirelessly
Windows 2003 Server (genesis) plugged into a Wireless Access Point to access the network wirelessly
Windows XP Pro PC (lucifer) plugged into a hub connected to genesis (2003 Server)
Windows XP Pro PC (gumu) plugged into the hub connected to genesis (2003 Server)

All PCs can access the internet just fine for all applications. Wireless router has a basic firewall.

PROBLEM: jedi and padawan cannot access shared resources (or even ping) lucifer or gumu (pc's behind the 2003 Server)

lucifer and gumu can access shared resources on padawan and jedi

QUESTION: How can I configure the Windows Server 2003 to let the local computers into the PCs behind it?

Thanks,
Llamaman

Make sure that all pc's firewalls are off, what is doing DHCP...could also be a DNS issue.

All PC firewalls are off. The wireless router is doing DHCP. I think the 2003 Server also does DHCP for that sub-net. (Not sure if I'm using the correct terminology--this is not my realm of expertise.)

Llamaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back