Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

network\server monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeane

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2001
GB
I'm looking for recommandations for some network/server monitoring software, I've used 'NTManage\Web-sight' from Lanware in the past but can't find them on the web now, plenty of review articles but notwhere to download.

Can anyone recommend something similer which can ping, restart specific services, send alerts etc

Thanks

Jon

its open source but works very well

MITS_Sig.gif

I use SolarWinds for network monitoring - not so much servers, but I believe it can do everything you're looking for. It's not as expensive as many packages, but it has worked great for me.

Check out Network Server Monitor from GFI. I've used it for over 2 years with great results.

thanks for the tips, I did manage to find the orignal one I was looking for, the firm has changed hands twice since I last downloaded it. Now done by Numara although the link looks really good so I'll be trying it along aside the other one for the powers that be to decide what they want.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back