Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network scaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampko

Programmer
Nov 4, 2004
US
I am looking for a network scanner that will ping and list responses. I am trying to build a list of internal ip address assigned, then I can feed it in to another program I have and it will pull all the info off the supplied ip's. Problem is, I can use the program I have to scan, but there is no options anywhere to ignore non responsive hosts, so it take for ever. But it does have an option to import ips from a text file. So the scanner I'm looking for has to be able to export to text file.

just for fun and to prove you don't need a tool.
If this is on a windows box, in a command prompt try:

for /l %i in (1,1,254) do @ping 192.168.1.%i -n 1 -w 100|findstr /I Reply >>active-ips.txt

a simple loop from 1 to 254, with step 1
you ping the corresponding addresses
and filter the ones that respond.
You need to clean the resulting file, but this is trivial
Could be done with another for loop, but this is left as an exercise for the reader ;-)
(for /f will do the trick)

G.

Thanks for all the responses. I will try the command line one. Superscan does not save in the format that I wanted. I was originally trying that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back