Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Routing questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronwhooper

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
US
Hi everyone:

I have a few questions with regard to Network routing. Hoping some of you have done similar things before.

1) The OUT OF SERVICE command -> does it only apply to local skillsets or network skillsets as well, meaning, if OUT OF SERVICE skillset_name = TRUE, does that mean that there are no local and no remote agents logged in? or just that there are no local agents logged in and unknown whether there are remote agents logged in?

2) Is there any way to check if there are any remote agents logged in before queueing to network skillset? (i.e. is there an OUT OF SERVICE NETWORK skillset_name command?) I want to know specifically if there are any remote agents available before I execute the command QUEUE TO NETWORK SKILLSET. The only command available I know of is PRIORITY IN NETWORK QUEUE skillset_name = 0. However, to use this command, you first have to queue and then run the command. This command does not distinguish between times when you were unable to queue because there are no remote agents available (network circuits are working fine) or because there is a problem with your network circuits (and remote agents are logged on and idle).

3) When a network skillset is out of service, there is an alarm created, alarm code 49025. Is there a way to trap this alarm in the script itself?

4) Is there any way to know in the script if a site was filtered for 5 seconds? (alarm generated, code 49028) After being filtered for 5 times, the site is shut down for 5 minutes (no more calls will be networked to that site).

Thanks!

1) OUT OF SERVICE on skillset checks local skillset.

2) As I understand it in Release 4.2 and 5.0, you have to QUEUE TO NETWORK SKILLSEST and then check to see if there are remote agents available.

3) Not that I am aware of; this alarm is to tell you that a call was sent to a network skillset, the skillset was closed at that end, and that a skillset filter was turned on for that site.

4) There isn't a way to handle this in the script, if that is your question; this is why we have site and skillset filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back