Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Problems Message Box on stand alone PC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

daldous

Technical User
Feb 23, 2002
US
I installed Office 2000 on my stand alone cpu with WIN ME operating system. It works fine but....

I get a message box that says:

Microsoft Exchange Server

Network problems are preventing connections to microsoft exchange server. Contact your system admin if this problem persists etc.

How can I disable this annoying message box??

Thanks in advance!!

Go into Outlook and click on outlook today or inbox. click on tools from the menu bar and select options. From the options menu, click on mail delivery tab and at the bottom reconfigure mail support. Select internet only. You have setup with corporate or workgroup configuration and it is looking for the exchange server.

Good luck jbead JBead

I have the same problem installing Office 2000 SBE on a PC which is on a network but does not use MS Exchange. Outlook installs as Corporate or Workgroup without giving me any option. When I open it, it asks for details of the Exchange server and the tools/options menu item is disabled. Clicking the Outlook Today button just brings up the message "the information store could not be opened" Any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back