Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtMonkee

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
I am Trying to print from a win me client to a win xp shared printer(host). Printer stops a part ways into the document and I get a message saying that the printer is no longer available. any one have an idea what the problem could be?

I do it the other way around (from an xp pro machine to the printer on my ME machine). If you can give me some more details, perhaps I can help you.

o.k. I have 2 me machines networked to an xp host. One of the me comp.'s sends a print job to the xp(Printer) and the doc stops about 1 or 2 lines into the doc and stops. Thus the me comp. gets a message that the printer is not available. I have to turn the printer off to get the doc. to exit the printer. The one me machine that is working o.k is using a generic epson printer driver from the me disk. I have tried both the generic epson driver and the epson driver from the epson disk plus I also tried a nother driver off the epson web-site, all to no avail. I have a hub where I connect all 3 comps. and a dsl connection that is working fine. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back