Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network printer: Operation could not be completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavell

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Hi all,

I'm running FR3 SP3 in a test environment before we upgrade. Currently we're on 1.0 app server.

The server it is installed on is 2K SP4. The issue is whenever I add in a network printer and try to apply changes to it, I get an error message that reads "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed." The only thing I can do is add/remove security settings. I can add a local printer from the terminals and change those settings with no problem. Also auto created printers have no errors when trying to make and apply changes. Also when adding the network printer, I get the error message that says "Driver not found on server, do you want to install the driver locally?" or something similar. Whether I click yes or no, the install continues ok. I'm logging on as a Domain Admin.

I've tried this from 2 different models of Wyse terminals with different firmware, and 2 versions of the desktop ICA client.

I read about this error happening on FR2 I believe, but it was supposed to be fixed in FR3.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cavell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back