Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Printer Keeps Disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoms314159

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
CA
I have a draftsman on my network who keeps losing connection to a network printer.

The printer is set up as a local printer on another computer on the network. He can login to the domain fine and see everything like he should. At first, the connection to the printer is fine. After a while, he has to logoff and logon again to regain connection. This problem has only persisted since he received his new computer, which is running XP Pro. Furthermore, because of licensing issues, he is running a program off a server 3.5 hours outside of our time zone. He has to keep his computer time set to a 3.5 hour time difference. He had these same time discrepancies on his old machine too, which was running fine. Whenever I try to access the shared directory on his machine from my machine, the message "This server's clock is not synchronized with the primary domain controller's clock." appears, and I can't access it. My office is part of a WAN, which isn't part of a VPN.

Many thanks for any assistance,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back