Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

network path not found...but good connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickyjune26

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hello,
This one has gotten me stumped, and I've had intermediate exposure to connectivity problems.
I have a two 2k machines (2k-one & 2k-two) and an xp pro machine.

I can connect (browse shared folders) 2k-one to xp, and 2k-one to 2k-two.

I can connect xp to 2k-two

I can ping and net send (using IPs and hostnames) 2k-two to xp, but not net use, or see or browse the xp machine. It gives me the following error:
"network path not found"

I looked on support.microsoft.com, but with no luck.

This one is stumping me, any thoughts out there?
Thanks,
-Micky

i fixed it. I was getting another error (error code 53) when using net use.
So looking it up on support.microsoft.com, I found that it means the file and print sharing isn't installed, or the check box is unchecked.
I knew it was installed, but I checked the bindings, and it wasn't bound to TCP/IP, but it was bound to IPX/SPX (which would explain why the other 2k machine could connect successfully - it had IPX/SPX installed when the problem 2k box didn't).
So everyone learn from my blunder and always check your bindings! :)
have a good week,
-Micky

So where is it that you check the bindings again? I am also having problems with network path not found when trying to join a Win2K machine to a win2k domain. Very frustrating problem! I can ping the DC and other machines on the network, my DNS is correct. This is just driving me nuts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back