Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Object Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

plattste

Technical User
Aug 17, 2010
GB
Hi

I am a bit new to firewalls, taken over from someone who left and I am just trying to remove a couple of network object groups. simple !!!

ASA 5510

I have a group name and Description - with a list of IP addresses - removed all of them but it says I must have at least one in there !! Its no longer needed -

Tried on the ASDM - unable to find the right command on the command line.

It says " Network Object Group must contain at least ione entry"

I dont need this group or IP anymore - baffling, must be something easy and I sure one of you Top Guns out there know what to do any help appreciated.

Cheers

no object-group <type> <object-group-name>

ex: no object-group network obj-net-group

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Cheers I will give it a go and let you knowhow I get on.

I take that this be from the config mode ? #

Using 8.2 on ASA

no object-group london obj-net-group

Get an error, I was even trying to do a sh object-group

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
ASA-01(config)# no object-group london-access obj-net-group

Sorry let us know if I am being a bit Dim

the syntax is no object-group <type> <object-group_name>. for example, if you have a network object-group created that is named obj-net-group then you'll do no object-group network obj-net-group

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back