Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Monitor between sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

arell12

Technical User
Feb 17, 2005
CA
I am looking for a Windows platform software package that will monitor traffic between sites on the computer level. For example, in a branch office I want to be able to see what computers (or IP addresses) are creating network traffic and to where it is going. I am primarily looking for traffic that is going across our WAN, not internet traffic. I also dont just want to see that the WAN pipe between 2 sites is high, I would like to see what computer is causing the traffic.

Something like a

Source IP:port Destination IP:port Duration Bytes transferred
172.16.100.103:49827 172.16.4.4:36958 2 hours, 5 minutes 170M

I currently use PRTG to monitor the ptraffic on Router ports but that just shows me that the traffic from a site is high. I want to dig deeper and see what computers might be causing the high traffic.

have you ever used Netscount and Solarwind packetflow
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
description *** connected to SGHQSL2-6509 G1/1 ***
ip address 156.50.200.198 255.255.255.252
no ip redirects
no ip proxy-arp
ip pim sparse-mode
no ip route-cache cef
ip route-cache flow
no ip mroute-cache
!
!
!
ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination 156.50.46.195 9995
ip flow-export destination 156.50.46.71 2055
!

some useful link:

Thanks for the reply. I am actually using a Netflow analyzer from Manage Engine. Works well, fairly easy to setup and get working. Netflow is most definately what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back