Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Meridian clock slaving 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aredmond

Technical User
Nov 13, 2004
GB
Does anyone know how to slave the clocks of multiple Meridians on a network, so that a change to the master clock will then ripple through the network. This will mean that people with multiple switches to look after have an easier life.

nope, not yet, best bet is to run a script that does it for you, this script sets the clock the the time on your pc, being on a networked pc, that is controlled by the server, you'll need to add a line that connects to each switch, logs on and runs this script.. then i use scheduler to launch the script at the same time everyday.. if you have a switch that drifts more then a few sec a day, you can adjust for that in load 2

Code:
proc main
integer iDay, iMonth, iYear, iMin, iHour, iSec
   string sSend

ltimeints $LTIME iYear iMonth iDay iHour iMin iSec

strfmt sSend "STAD %02d %02d %d %02d %02d %02d" iDay iMonth iYear iHour iMin iSec
   set txpace 30
   transmit "****^M"
   waitfor ">"
   transmit "ld 2^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "TTAD^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit sSend
   transmit "^M"
   waitfor "."
   pause 2
   transmit "TTAD^M"
   waitfor "."
   pause 2
   transmit "****^M"

set txpace 0

endproc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Have now found the answer. IT is documented in the Network NTP's "Network Time Synchronization" (pages 1407 to 1416). This gives a full description of how to undertake this task using overlay 2.

i'll look that up, never used it but i do know sites that could. thanks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back