Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Load Balancer affecting MM integrated with exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku78

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2013
MX
Hello folks,

The network team is upgrading the network load balancer and they will change the IP address about the NLB,

Do you know if this will affect the configuration that we have between the MM and the exchange server?

I checked the VMSC and the MAS server is using a hostname for the peer mail (This host name is the hostname related to the NLB IP).

So I think if they just change the IP without changing the name I wont need to do nothing about it.

Please let me know your comments,
Kind regards
Goku

It should not but you may need to restart the MAS service if you get 1239 errors.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Goku... is the IP the only change being done? You are not changing from an Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 are you?

Please review which may have some helpful information. As long as the FQDN of the CAS Array is correct and DNS is updated, the IP shouldn’t matter, but you may need to restart the MAS services to refresh all connections.

I have had issues in the past when a NLB was added.

I found the following:

Avaya Product Support Notice (PSN) 3514u1, but a search now finds nothing.

The basic fix was to edit the host file on the MAS. Enter the FQDN of the NLB, but put the IP Address as the peer exchange server.

this fixed my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back