Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

network initialization failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigandfat

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
CA
cannot access network lock file
WinNT sp6
PDOX10 runtime
Novell Server
PDOX will start up with PDOXUSRS.NET on local drive.
I am able to read / write / create / delete / files on network mapped drive however PDOX will not initialize with BDE set to PDOXUSRS.NET on any network drive.
I have 4 W2000 PC's and 4 WinNT SP6 PC's running fine but these last 2 won't connect. I found other WinNT PC's were formatted NTFS so I reinstalled WinNT on these new machines to NTFS (from FAT) but still no luck.
I can open forms ( PDOXUSR.NET ) on local drive but BDE will not accept PDOXUSR.NET on network drive on these machines.
Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance

I use a Netware and NT hybrid network and my workstations run XP Pro. I have no trouble accessing the netfile on the Netware server. How are you setting the netfile location, through the bde configuration file or command line? We have Read/Write/Modify/Create/Erase/Filescan rights to the Netware drive where the netfile is located. Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

An Update for anyone else who has this problem:
Novell Client 4.83 has a bug which miss reports the PDOXUSRS.NET file as being locked and causes the initialization error. It is frustrating because you can see and modify this file from explorer but the BDE initialization fails. ( And I had several systems running but did not trigger on the difference 4.80 vs 4.83 Novell client )
See
\
for details and service pack updates

Thanks to all who helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back