Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Error during host resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtoto

MIS
Oct 15, 1999
SN
Outgoing mail of IMS of my Exchange Server does not work every times.
Several times, mails are blocked and I get the message "network error during host resolution" in the details dialog box of those mails.
When I restart the server, all mails are gone out. After a moment, the problem occurs once more.
Since this morning, external partners of my office complain that they must send mail three times before mails are given to my IMS.
I suspect my Leased Line connection (33.6K)
Can someone give me help?
Mtoto

I wish I had an answer to your problem. I found your post because I am having the same problem today. The only unusual thing that occurred was a major power outage, causing all my servers to come down hard. Now all the mail in my Exchange mail server queue is held up, even after I restart. They all have the error (in the recipients field) &quot;Network error during host resolution&quot; -- Our internet connection is fine. We are on a T1 line and have our own DNS server, all appear to be working. I just can't figure out why my outgoing mail doesn't go through, and <ahem> the natives are getting restless. Anyone have any magic cures? I'll buy you a mug of rootbeer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back