Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network drives reconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatz

Programmer
Aug 8, 2001
US
I have a problem with a couple of XP Pro machines connecting to a 2003 server.

They are reconnecting the F: drive on the server correctly. Yet, when starting up I get a could not connect network drive message. When I go to My Computer or any other method of looking at the drive, it is showing a Disconnected Network Drive, yet it works. If I do a net use, it isn't listed at all (not with the F: or without). If I try to map another drive, F: is not available for use, yet I can't get rid of it either - not with net use, not through My Computer.

This had been working fine for a long time, and it works on 8 or so other computers in the same office.

Any ideas?

I had this problem when I added a usb flash drive to my laptop. Windows assigned the next drive letter to the usb yet when I tried view it, it would not work. What I had to do is disconnect the computer from the network, disconnect external drives, unmap shared drives.
Then I was able to assign another letter to the mapped drive and the usb responded on F.

GL
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back