Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

network drive not refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvinjmd

Programmer
Jan 23, 2003
US
we have a network not with a server... just a hub (peer to peer) i developed punch clock program, every pc has the program and open the table trugh de network... in each PC the folder are map as "L:" but when each PC start the conexion apperar unavailable and the program not run but just open the windows explorer, make a simple clik in the remote folder and the conexion.. just that!!! why the concexion are not when the pc start..... i even leave the pc working all night... but the next morning its the same thing... please... any ideas???

Jorge

That is a windows problem and not VFP. Windows is trying to be helpful by not really connecting the mapped network drives until they are first accessed. If you look at those drives you will note a little red "X" on them until after you click on them for the first time. Solution to that is...I don't know right off the top of my head.

Slighthaze = NULL
[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

thats rigth... is there a red "X" by the way we have win200 profesional in every PC.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back