Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network connectivity issues for domai ncomputers

Status
Not open for further replies.

axilleas

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
GR
Hello all

We have a network based on two DCs Windows 2012 R2 servers. The other servers are also same Windwos 2012 r2 and rest is WIN 7 pro.Suddenly I notice taht every machine, except two Dcs have conenctivity network problem.

On network icon doesnt say domain name but just "Network Internet access"

I checked DNS settings ok, I reregister and flush NIC ok. Drivers are upated ok

DIsjoined and rejoined on Domain and that is ok without problems.But still network icon does not say tha domain name.

Group policy canot be done . I got errors for that i nEVent viewer

DNS server has the records of the systems updated.
[
I am confused/This is be going on two weeks now

From an elevated command prompt on your DC, have you run dcdiag?

You may want to try this (from Microsoft):

Only the Connection Specific DNS Name matches the “HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\History\NetworkName” registry key then the machine will attempt to contact a Domain Controller via LDAP. If both these steps succeed, you will get the Domain profile.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back