Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Connections Service Slow to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

briansdell

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2003
US
After the auto update from microsoft on both of my win2000 servers the network connections service is slow to start or respond when ever the server is restarted. The event log is showing 3 errors as this occurs
1. DCOM the netman service is not respond to the start command in a timely manner
2.Service control manager the network connection service did not respond in a timely manner
3.Service control manager wait for netman transaction response.

I have tried forcing the service to start but they just hang. However here is the funny part after about 5 minutes the services suddenly start and the error messages stop. Does anyone have any ideas on this one I have had no luck on the microsoft website finding anything that matches this issue. I have made not other changes just the updates download via the auto update service.
Thanks
Brian

have you checked eventid.net to see what they say about this?

i gather that before the updates this didn't happen...

try disabling netbios on one of the servers, see if it changes anything

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back