Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Configuration Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scmoh

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
SG
Hi,

i used this batch file for network configuration operator users in windows xp start up without any issue.

route delete 0.0.0.0
route add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1
route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.2
exit

recently, i added this batch file to the start up of windows 7 pc for network configuration operator users and encountered access rights issue.

Please advice what to do to allow network configuration operator users to modify the routing table at the start up of windows 7.

Thank you
SC Moh

Set the batch/command file to run in compatability mode.

Right Click -> Properties -> Compatability

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

When you look at the Compatibility Mode via right-clicking on the .bat file and selecting Properties, down at the bottom there is a Privilege checkbox where you can run the batch file as an Administrator. Selecting that may help.

May i know what if cannot check the privilege check box? is there a way to use group policy or registry to enable it ?

Thank you

Thank you for the suggestion.

There is no option 7 in 11841-run-administrator.html

with regards,

Disregard my post. The link didn't work right.

Jim

There is no option 7 in 11841-run-administrator.html
Correct it is Option SEVEN[/quote] (In words, as I posted it)

OPTION SEVEN
Manually in Registry Editor

1. For how, use the RUNASADMIN value with the full path to the program's file in OPTION THREE here: How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

That's it,
Shawn

Oh and.
What version of Windows 7 are you running?

Are you logged as an Administrator?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your help.
i am running Windows 7 prof.

will try task scheduler and registry method.

regards,

use ipconfig /all to check on the gateway setting, none of the methods work for network configuration operator.

please advise.

Thank you so much.

in that you change the command that you use (Admin rights still need to be given)
Source: [URL unfurl="true" said:
http://www.petri.co.il/configure_tcp_ip_from_cmd.htm[/URL]]The following command configures the interface named Local Area Connection with the static IP address 192.168.0.100, the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and a default gateway of 192.168.0.1:

netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Dear All,

Thank you for your advise.
After a few days of monitoring, the scheduler with Network configuration operators is working well.

Thank you so much.
With regards,
SC Moh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back