Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Configuration in MQ Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpreetSachdeva

Programmer
Apr 11, 2003
GB
Hello,
Is there any way in MQSeries to configure Network usage in channels.
So that irrespective of the message length it should only use 10% of the network bandwidth in peak hours and after peak hours it can use full bandwidth, that is available.
i.e. for example if the message length is of 10MB and available network band width is of 5 MB then sending rather than sending the whole data in 2 packets.
Can it could be configured that only allocated bandwidth for WebsphereMQ Server in peak hours is 500KB and after peak hours it can use the full bandwidth ?

Thanks for your time in adavance.

HS

Not out of the box it can't. You may be able to code something in a channel exit but personally I would pass this back to the network gurus to 'rightsize' the network.

Just my humble.

I know you can do this on a linux machine configured as router for every port. So you could put a router between MQ and the rest of your network, and then ask it to "throttle" those ports which are used by MQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back