Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Compatible Cd-roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

alice20

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
GB
I need to produce some network compatible Cd-roms to run accross Windows NT, Novell Netware, Linux Servers, Sun Solaris. It will need to be installed and run accross them from just one copy of the cd-rom! (projector made in director).

The Cd will contain video, audio and interactive flash movies. Does anyone know what issues are involved with this are or where I could go to find out?

Thanks very much, any suggestions will be much appreciated,

Alice

if you do it all via a web interface should be fine, so long as shockwave players are on all those platforms. If you want to use a projector your toast, only mac and pc versions of director, guess you could run emulators.

I think for ease of use at the client end go for a web page with shockwave, so long as your network is fast and you keep your video etc. at reasonable bit rates should be ok.

You do run into some limits with reading/writing files on the local system, but most can be worked around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back