Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

muos

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2003
GB
Please someone advise. I have one server with 2 PC’s hanging off it. I only have 56k as I live in the hills = bull I know = no ADSL poor show, but one has to live with what one has. I have set-up server with the modem with ICS enabled to feed the PC’s.

DNS 10.10.10.2 Sub 255.255.255.0
PC’s 10.10.10.3 & 4 | PC’s Gateway 10.10.10.2

Server:

DHCP
Is down red arrow is down, witch I take as DHCP is not active. The IP number displayed [169.254.46.165] = don’t know why this IP number?

WINS
Is green arrow up, Status = Responding [169.254.46.165] = don’t know why this IP number?

I keep getting the fallowing errors in Event Viewer

Event ID 62

This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure to sync from External time source using the net command, 'net time /setsntp:<server name>'.

Event ID 1051

The DHCP/BINL service has determined that it is not authorized to service clients on this network for the Windows domain: Muos.co.uk.

Event ID 31002

The DNS proxy agent was unable to bind to the IP address 192.168.0.1. This error may indicate a problem with TCP/IP networking. The data is the error code.

I have tried keeping to the IP range that window’s wants, i.e. Server 198.162.0.1
PC’s 198.162.0.2 & 3 = no luck same errors.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve the errors?

Looks as though you have many addressing issues. You might want to look them over and be sure to stick with the same scheme. I don't recall if ICS makes you use a certain scheme or not???(192.168.0.0) I recall something like that but I'm not positive.

If I were you, I would work on your local adressing problems first then tackle the ICS.

for error message Event ID 1051
see

for more on ICS see

Hope that gives you somewhere to start

David Ball CNE, MCSE

have u set the the DHCP server with a static IP addy? if not then do so and see if that clears it up.. also u have to authorize the DHCP server to service clients? go to the DHCP control window and right click the server and authorize it or it might not be stated so u would do the same thing except you would start the service...

also how many NIC cards do u have in the DHCP server machine? if 2 or more, disable the ones that you are not using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back