Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network cards have disapeared from the nodes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarethStone

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
NZ
Hi there,

We are having a problem where our network cards in our cluster node servers disapear from Network & Dialup Connections.

Run ipconfig and the cards are listed with the correct IP address etc.

Cluster Services resources list the network cards as being 'Up' but we can not fail any groups over as the IP Address for the virtual servers do not come online - they fail!!.

The cluster log status indicates the the IP Interface is 'unreachable'. If I restart the server the cards re-appear for a period of time and then disapear again - weird!!

Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Gareth

Are you using Intel NICs?

If so, do you have the Intel SNMP Agent installed?

I had a similar problem when I had the software installed. The agent causes a memory leak in the SNMP process. Once the memory usuage passes a certain threshold, all the NICS disappeared.

To verify that this is the cause, restart the SNMP service and see if the NICS reappear.

THANKYOU!!!!!

Problem solved - well workaround - don't start the service, as we are not using SNMP atthe moment anyway!!

Thanks again,

Gareth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back