Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network cable Unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

newlearner2005

Programmer
May 9, 2005
US
Hello Everybody,

Could anybody help me about this? I have no experience about network.
Here is the problem:

I bought a DSL yahoo to set up a home network since two months ago. I have two desktop computers windowsXP and windows 2000.
The computer windows XP is connected physically, directly to a "2wrire gateway" ( this equipment I got from DSL company )
The computer windows 2000 use Linksys wireless adapter.
Both computers access to internet very good until 3 days ago. The computer windows XP cannot access to Network anymore. The error message: "Network cable unplugged". I checked all connection, it is still plugged.
While computers 2000 ( using wireless adapter) still access to internet very well.
I turned off "2wrire gateway", unplugged all cables ( power, phone line, internet cable...)disabled network adapter ( control panel--> system --> hardware -->device manager -->network adapter--> disable ). After 1 minute, I turned on computer, enable network adapter, hook up all cables, swap two ends of ethernet cable. It still did not work. The computer windows XP still cannot access to network with the same error message as above. I also changed to other internet cable. That did not solve the problem.
Thank you very much for your help.
new learner 2005

HI Is there a way to reset your gateway? usually this is by using a paperclip into a tiny button.
this might solve the problem. please let me know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back