Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network boot disk for Windows NT 4.0 using Ghots 6.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

YukimuraSonada

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2005
US
I am trying to create a bootable floppy for Windows NT that will let me connect to a shared folder over the network to pull down an image to the machine using Ghost 6.x..... Multicasting is out of the question because I'll take down our entire network, firstly; and secondly I can't get the multicast server to accept an image dump from my NT machines. When I try to push the pulled image out it corrupts whatever machine I tried to send it to.

I have read all the documentation I can find and it's useless. I have asked to upgrade to the new Ghost Solution Suite but my company is hopelessly cheap.

HELP!

I have done this before by creating a TCP/IP bootcd (look up Ultimate Boot CD in google -- it's great) or you can you use Bart's TCP/IP boot disk (again lookup Bart PE in google). I am able to map to a share and run standard ghost and from there write the image to the mapped share drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back