Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network blip / Digital phone recovery CM3.0 ESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2005
US
We have a call center with multiple locations running CM3.0 ESS with G650 gateways and digital sets. The sites are tied together via a DS3 ATM network with redundant ATM switches at each location.

Recently we had an ATM switch at one of the sites go out of service causing a slight network interruption while the network re-converged. In the alarm logs I saw the expected PKT-INT and SYS-LINK errors that resolved with the data network well within a minute but the digital phones were another story.

I was told the digital sets were down for 20 to 30 minutes by someone on site. Looking at the error and alarm logs I show that the digital sets in one of the 2 PNs started alarming and immediately resolving 15 minutes after the network outage and those sets continued to alarm for the next 30 minutes. The digital sets other PN never went into alarm. I'm not sure if they really were down or not. I have seen a similar situation with a network blip where all of the digital sets were down yet no alarms were present.

The digital sets are attached to various TN 2224 cards. Some are straits, some are Bs, some are CPs with various HW and FW versions so I can't say the type of TN2224 is the issue. We are running HW 12 and FW 30 on the IPSIs and HW 02 FW 12 on the TN2602 (crossfires). Tried FW 21 on the TN 2602s but that caused problems with modems and faxes.

Has anyone else had issues with Digital sets attached to cards in G650s recovering after a network blip?

We had another outage with our digital phones in remote a remote PN again today. This time it was an unexplained interchange on the main S8710s that caused the problems with this particular remote PN. At the remote site there are 2 PNs. Digital sets on one of the PNs recovers well but digital phones on the other PN takes 15 to 30 minutes to come back.

Avaya maintenance is struggling with providing an answer and one of the tickets is at tier 4 with the other ticket at tier 3.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem with digital sets in a remote PM not recovering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back