Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Approval Form (File Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNF0528

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
Hello,

Does anyone have or know where i can get a general form to track user requests for access to a file server. I know I didnt explain that very well but, We are implementing a new file server. What i am tring to avoid is those telephone calls saying this employee needs access to my files on the server. What I would like to implement is a form that must be completed in order to get anyone access to files on the file server. I know i can create one from scratch but I am having a hard time figureing out the best way to do this. I was wondering if anyone had any good templates out there?

There are a lot of different ways to do this depending on what software you have, and how you want to make this available to your users. If you have Outlook in your org, for instance, you can create a form and Publish it in one of the Forms Libraries or to a public folder. If you have Front Page, you can do it there. You could also do something similar in Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back