Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Anti-Virus software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
I need to comeup with a few good names in netork anti-virus soft ware. I have read about Norton enterprise edition. Anyone else have any GOOD names? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Note to self. PROOF READ!! James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

We use McAfee VShield on both NetWare servers and NT4 SP6a workstations. Works a treat, and updating is easy too! -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I use Norton Enterprise v7.5, works fine, easy updating and pushes the updates to the configured workstations, with Exchange Server protection.

Another okay anti-virus product is Trend Micro's.....can't remember the what they call it but it works okay but you have to buy the individual components.....

Drew

I would choose Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition -It auto updates to a central server and pushes out to client machines, you can schedule administrator scans and have the power of a "one click" entire network sweep!

Another name that I know of is Sophos Antivirus - dont know much about it though.

Graham
"r tape loading error"

I got rid of Norton and installed Sophos. I have had no problems at all, easy updates, easy admin and good virus detection. have a look and a trial at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back