Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network anti-virus software

Status
Not open for further replies.

beernut

Technical User
May 12, 2003
US
The anti-virus subscription on our server is expiring. Have about 15 workstations connected to it. Currently using Symantec anti-virus, but looking for something else less bloated / expensive.

Been hearing good things about AVG but don't know much about the network version.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Try CA eTrust. Very good and also the cheapest enterprise AV I could find..!

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

If you want ease of installation and decent protection, trend... It does all the work for you.

I've installed hundreds of machines with trend, the installation removes any AV software cleanly and have never had a problem with it.

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

I use CA eTrust. Its very good and reasonably priced. The only drawback is the documentation and the support web site. They're terrible.

The support forums (free) and phone support (per incident $) are really good though.

Cheers.

Hey,

AVG is a great piece of software and has a low overhead when running,

Brett.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NSW, Australia
(Unless you want to pay for our trip?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

definately go with avg. IT easy on resources. Norton is a peice of crap in my opinion.

We have been real happy with the Symantec Corporate Edition. The product has consistenly protected our PC's and Servers. We seem to get new features that are nice additions. (not alwasys as quickly as I would like)

Dan

I was reading about free services for home, and they had AntiVir pretty high up there, perhaps look at their commercial products? (
I'm currently supporting McAfee at one of my clients, and I hate the product, but the phone support is VERY good. You have to wait an hour to get through, but they have helped me through the issue every time, and they weren't all easy ones either.

Let us know what you go with.

P

We use OfficeScan from Trend Micro at the office (50 users). Very affordable (about $35 per license) and best thing is it has all in one suite; antivirus, firewall, spyware protection.

AVG network edition is very good. Easy to setup, cheap, great support.

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back