Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network & Dialup connections folder empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberstar

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
GB
Windows 2000 pro on IBM Thinkpad. The folder that normally contains a make new connection icon and all your LAN or DUN connection is completely empty. If I right-click in it I can make a new connection but get an error at the end of the wizard to do with low disk space or memory.
The DUN connections are there as you can see them in IE5's connections properties and the LAN connection works fine.

Is there any way of reinstalling the DUN in Win2000 like you can with 9x

Thanks

Do you have the IBM thinkpad utilities? You'll most likely need those in order to accomplish this.

Also - is your harddrive low on space..are you in fact low on memory? It appears that you dont need to reinstall DUN because it's still there.

You should be using the wizard to make a new connection in "Network and Dialup Connections" in control panel.
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

There is no way to re-install the remote access components as there were in previous releases - it's now part of the core OS. Other than that...I've never seen this issue. Per pbxman, does running the wizard from Control Panel instead of the Connections folder give any different results..? Heath
Principal Systems Engineer
Desktop and Mobile Platforms

have you tried going into component services and made sure network connections service is started? there is also one in services and in computer management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back