Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Admin Interview Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadd

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2004
US
I am trying to find some interview questions for a network admin. position. Does anyone have any questions that they could email to me?

Thanks,
Chad

Hmmmm....

Some technical questions
- What is the most important function for a NetAdmin? (security, data integrity, standards, production...)

- Backups are important. When a good backup policy backups cause problems? (risk where data on the backups can be used in a legal proceedings where a company has to restore data for the review)

- What policies are essential for proper operations (backup, security, change control, incident reporting, standards, etc)

- I spend $$$ money on IT. How can you save me money?

- Give me an example of when you lead a significant project. Tell me how you approached the problem, up to the conclusion of the project. (design, test, implementation - beta and full, wrap up and review)

- Give me an example of a porlbme you had to resolve. Tell me your thought process and actions you used to resolve the problem.

That is about 30 min so far.

chadd,

think about why you want to hire a network admin, the business reasons... ask about those...

think about the technology you need supported... the tools, hardware, etc... ask about those...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back