Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network 7.4 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2009
CA
I am trying to recover alot of data from CLI. when i run the recover command i get the following errors in the Log of the GUI

1) NSRMON exited with return code 7
2) Its not able to find my VTL Tapes V0000 to V0004. I have done a bunch of checks and it looks as if the Server is not communicating with the EMC disk

Any Help Is Appreciated

nsrmon is the job which in intervals contacts a remote SN to verify whether the devices are still present.

Make sure that the system sees your backup devices. nsrmon should automatically detect the new situation. If not, restart the NW server services.

I forgot to mention that the client service (nsrexecd) must be started at the SN (storage node).

Our backup server wich is connected to the EMC disk via FC

The backup server doesn't look like i can see the disk at all.. I have restarted those services and i still get the same message..

When i check SanSurfer the HBA's dont show they are attached to anything..

If the problem already exists at the OS/driver level, how can you expect NetWorker to see the disk?

Please solve the fundamental issues first - NW can only use what the OS can see.

That problem has been fixed but i still see the nsrmon exited with code 7

This should not happen. You may increase the timing parameters but i doubt that this will solve the problem. Please get back to EMC support as your problem seems to be more complex.

we dont have Legato support :( any tips as to why this may be happening ?

I actually have a new development it seems as if the nsrmon only throws an error when broswing older data, If i use the Networker User console to browse the latest data it will recover without a problem

Any Ideas as to why this may be happening ? It doesn't make much sense to me as all VTLs are stored on the same Disk Library..

Unless it can't contact the physical tape library.. Hmmm

It looks as if the problem is the physical library, it cant contact it..

Hence the nsrmon errors

thanks for all your help 605

That makes more sense. nsrmon is the program that uses the server to monitor the (remote) nsrmmd processes (the devices, indirectly).

If you browse, NW will just use the index on the server but no backup device at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back