Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netware user rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby1978

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2003
IN
sir i am having netware 6 server with 300 users .
i want to document each user rights , so plz tell me the easy way , which can give a report of user rihts with in minutes , if any free tool is like for it , plz tell me the url , i found dsreport but how to use it plz explain indetail
thanks in advance

Oops - sorry I did not read the rest of your msg. To use DSReport for user rights, select your container, then select multi-object report, select user in the left colum, and whatever attributes you want to see in the right. I use groups to determine rights, so I run a group report separate from the user report. When you get the report you want, click the output to excel (or whatever) and it exports the report for you. Then you can sort, edit, etc.

thanks for ur reply sir , but i have followed all the instructions which is said by you before posting this , but my actual requirement is :
i want to document which user is having rights ( read . write , full etc ) on which folder .for that which option i have to select in right pane plz help me

If all you want is a report of the trustee file assignments, use TRUSTBAR.NLM. Works great.

If you run TRUSTBAR with no options, then switch to the Logger screen, you'll see the correct syntax for running the command.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

I didn't have much luck with Trustbar, but I downloaded trstrpt.zip from Great little program by the same guy who did DSReports. Select your start path and list by path or by trustee. Right click on the results and you can save as txt, bat or xls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back