Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netware salvage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby1978

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2003
IN
We are having a Novell server 6 with 100-user license; we have installed every thing fine
And my server is running in a smooth way, the problem we are facing is we are unable to get back the files, which are deleted by us by using salvage (filer, console one, nwadmin etc), its saying the error, there are zero files to salvage .one more thing I have observed when I am trying to purge the files also I am not able to delete a single file also from server (its saying zero files has been purged from server / purgable files are zero. one more key information I have observed is I am able to salvage/purge from sys volume . I am getting above problems in data volume only
Please explain the problem & solution in brief
Please help me in this issue
Thanks for your time

at the root of each volume do you have a deleted.sav directory

ya we have deleted .sav directory on each volume
on sys automatically createdby the os while installation , but on data volume i have created & maked it as hidden

Hi,

Did you check if you have the volumes configured for Immediate Purge?

Lou

how can i check that the volumes are configured for immediate purge ?
help me

This might help be the problem.. It's caught me off guard a couple times too.

NSS Auto-purge feature - TID 10092950 -- Essentially, your NSS volumes will auto purge if less than 10% of free space is available.

Also, realize that NSS volumes don't use DELETED.SAV for salvaging folders like traditional volumes do.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back