Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware Restore using agent from Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHorse

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2004
US
I am having problems with restoring to a Netware volume from Arcserve 11 on Windows 2003.

When using the NWAGENT, I get an error stating to use NNPAGENT to restore from non netware partition. (My backup is to Window 2003 disk). I can not find NNPAGENT in any of the Arcserve or Netware documentation.

Where do I get this NLM from?

thks

Are you restoring from a NetWare backup to NetWare or from a Windows backup to NetWare? By that I mean, is the original server NetWare or was the origin Windows?

It appears ARCserve 11.x pays attention to the filesystem it is backing up. If you back up a Windows server, it expects you to restore to a Windows server. Same for NetWare.

If you're doing this as part of a migration from Windows to NetWare, you're better off using the Server Consolidation Utility from Novell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back