Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware protocol for Client32

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericc

MIS
Nov 17, 1998
US
I currently log into a netware 4.11 network using Client32 on a Win95 workstation. Once I have logged into the NDS system I Browse the entire network using Win95 network neighborhood and I can't see the Netware 3.12 servers. When I change the Netware protocol in the Client32 options to "BIND" I cant log into the NDS system ("server not found"), but I can then see the Netware 3.12 servers while browsing the network. When I change the Netware protocol option to BIND/NDS or NDS/BIND I still can't see both the 4.11 and the 3.12 servers while browsing. <br>
<br>
Please offer any suggestions as to how I can configure my networks so that both can be accessed from a WIN95 workstation.

The ability to "browse" those servers doesn't really depend on whether or not the servers offer NDS or bindery security. In the first window it does since it will show you all servers that you currently are logged into. Just to get clarification, are you into "Entire Network" icon in network neighborhood and selecting the netware servers folder. That should show you all netware servers, logged in or not, NDS, Bindery etc. You should then be able to select and log into each of those servers (sorry of you have already tried this).

Warcorp,<br>
Thanks for the help. the problem turned out to be caused by the fact that I had different network numbers in the bind statements for the ipx protocol. Once I made the 2 network numbers, I was able to browse all netorks.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Ericc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back