Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware -> Active Dir migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

anticore

Technical User
Aug 26, 2001
HK
Hi all,
I am trying to remove the 4.83 client to revert back to NT client as we are moving to Active Directory. However, the problem is that after installing 4.83 initially with Remote Managment the client removal fails. On restart, the machine BSODs and restarts itself. On start in Safe Mode the 4.83 client can be reinstalled and everything back to normal, but we are unable to remove it cleanly and get back to the NT client.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem whilst trying to migrate from Novell to AD...

Regards,,,

Ya that's a bad one with not a lot of documentation. I shouldn't tell you this since you are moving away from NetWare and all :) but it's not hard to fix. Start the machine and go into command prompt mode, or boot froma disk and go the command prompt. Once there find NWGINA.dll in the WinNT dir. Rename it to .old or something like that. Find MSGINA.DLL and copy it to NWGINA.DLL. Reboot the machine. Now once you are in you will see several remaining NetWare components. Reload the client without the manager and then uninstall it. Everything should be good now.

futuretech:::>
Thanxs for the reply, however, I have tried that link's suggested method and the problem still rears its head!! I think I have exhausted all methods of attempting to uninstall it from the network connection properties
Steve:::>
Thanx for the suggestion, i'll give that one a go when I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back