Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware DSTRACE error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp611

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
US
I have a netware 6.0 sp5 server that is going to be upgraded to netware 6.5 an a couple of weeks. When I do a DStrace=on and look at the trace screen I see a message that is "0 replicaNumber on non-bindery partition [00000006]" when I run the DSTRACE commands I see no problems run dsrepair and that shows up fine also.
Is this somthing to be conserned about when upgrading the server.

You need to do an edirectory health check.

I would use the following in order at the server prompt, taken from aforementioned TID

a. NetWare - From the file server console prompt type:

SET DSTRACE=ON (this activates the NDS eDirectory transactions screen)
SET DSTRACE=NODEBUG (turns off all preset filters)
SET DSTRACE=+S (this makes it so you can see the synchronization)
SET DSTRACE=*H (this initiates NDS eDirectory synchronization between servers)

The NDS eDirectory trace screen can be viewed by selecting 'Directory Services' from the list of Current Screens made available by pressing the two keys <CTRL><ESC> simultaneously. You will see *information scrolling on the screen. If there are no errors, there will be a line displaying 'All Processed = Yes.' This message will be displayed for each partition replica contained on a server.

It's normal to see lots of stuff you don't understand when looking at a DSTRACE screen.. Also, you can see different things depending on which filters you have enabled.

Filters are things like +S, +F, etc... the Plus Sign means you are enabling that filter. +S is the most useful in a basic health check because it shows you the synchronization between servers.

Like Goombawahoo said, do a health check. you should do that anyway regardless of whether that message is of concern or not. Usually things to worry about show up in RED on a DSTRACE screen.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back