Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware client cannot connect to NW Server upon new installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legato007

MIS
Aug 5, 2001
US
Hello,

I have installed Novell Client 4.2.1 on NetWare 5.1 with SP4 on 5 novell servers. Upon installation 2 out of 5 novell servers cannot connect with a WIN2K NW Server running 6.1.3. All setting on Novell servers are identical. Host and Networkr.ini file have been update and all necessary modules seem to be running. When installation is complete and I run networkr and the client fails to connect to NW Server with error message:

Error: No networker servers can be found

Is there something I might be missing? Can I restart a Novell module that might not be loading or communication with NetWorker properly without rebooting the Novell server?
Help.....

Hi,

Check your TCP/IP environment on the NetWare computers.

/Cia

Thanks

but I have already resolved the problem by adding the long and sort qualified domain name in th host file of the NW server and NW client. It seems that the names of the novell servers that do not work are not defined in DNS. Once the DNS is updated we will probaly remove the host entries.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back