Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware Agent Accelerated back up not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakhi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2001
US
We recently had to reboot our Novell Netware 4.11 server due to some errors encountered. This server was running the Agent Accelerator for Back Up Exec while the main Back up Exec engine was being run on a Windows NT 4.0 server. After rebooting the Netware server, subsequent backups failed on the Netware server with 'Unable to attach to server' error messages in the log file. I changed the Default Attach as account details to the Backup exec account and it seemed to work again. However, Back up exec cannot seem to find the Agent Accelerator present on the Novell server volumes. I made sure the bestart command was run on the Novell server to make sure the Accelerator was started but that didn't work.
Under Novell Storage Management Services I can only see my Novell server but no volumes under it. Do I need to make my back up selections through the Storage Management Services in order to use the Agent Accelerator Service on Netware or can I make my selections under Entire Network - Netware Services ??

Hello!
1st be sure that the following command lines are included in your server's AUTOEXEC.NCF file:
load smdr
load tsa410
load tsands
These modules are needed by the accel agent.
Type the following command to see if they are presently loaded in memory:
modules tsa*
If they are not present, load them, restart your aaccel agent and check your backup selection. You should see the volumes under the SMS line.
If you select the volumes under Network, etc.. is that you cannot backup the NW extended attributes and Trustees of the server files.
Good luck! [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back