Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovs8

Technical User
Mar 15, 2004
US
Hi there,

I administer our Netware 4.12 from one of the NT workstations that has Netware Admininstrator configured. I logged on to that machine as a different user with a new profile. Now all my Netware Admin settings are gone. I was able to recreate the Groupwise window and NDS window. But I'm missing my Domain/Post Office windows... I NEED it BACK!

Also my Tools menu looks differently now - looks like some of the commands are gone.

Thank you,
oleg

If I understand your question correctly; just log on to that workstation as administrator and that should take care of your problem

cwtc

Well, not really. What happens that I lost the Win200 profile where I had NetAdmin configured. Under the new Win2000 login when I execute \public\winnt\netadmin.exe I get different program layout.

thanks,
oleg

I don't fully understand your question either. Even if the layout is different, you still should be able to get to the view you want by choosing stuff from the menu.

I'm assuming when you say \public\winnt\netadmin that you are running that all from the SYS volume, not a folder named that on your server...Also, you said NETADMIN, that's an old Text Based utility and can't manage groupwise. Do you mean NWADMN32.EXE?

Additionally, you typically use SYS:pUBLIC\WIN32\NWADMIN32.EXE -- It's a better version than the specific NT version. In the good old days, there was a different version for Win 3.11, Win95, and Windows NT.. But now as long as you are running Win9x+ or WinNt+, you can run NWADMN32.EXE.. Just make sure you install your GroupWise snapins into it so you can manage the GroupWise components.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

In Netware Administrator (NWADMN32.EXE), if you go to the "View" menu, select "Set Context", and set the context as [Root] - this will take you to the top level of your NDS tree.

You can also go to the "Window" menu and select "New Window" which will do exactly that, open a new window for you to navigate through.

I would also recommend you use NetWare Administrator located in the path listed my Marvin

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back